Monday, 27 October 2014

Howdy my friends! I'm BACK!


I hope you're all well and happy!

I've had a jam-packed two years, fellows. I got my PhD, so now I'm officially a doctor of sexuality and feminist studies! Then my partner and I moved to France. Sunny South of France, to be precise. You know, glistening beaches, palm trees and orchards heavy with olives, lemons, and oranges.... I could go on but I think you get the picture. Aw, it's a hard life, really.

Hard to get any work done when the beach and pool are beckoning, but I did teach English in various businesses around here. At the time, there was public debate surrounding gay marriage and adoption rights in France, so naturally our English conversation revolved around that. Young people and middle-aged people, builders, scientists, people on the dole, and CEOs all shared their views. Personally, I think gay marriage and adoption is great, but sadly not many people agreed. The law approving gay marriage was passed though, so YAY.

Then I got pregnant, and miscarried. Then I got pregnant again, and subequently got to exprience what it's like to be pregnant and give birth in France. I've got bones to pick and fingers to wag, my friends! Prepare for the worst!

So I gave birth to a wee baby, and the first question everyone asked was...guess what? Come on, I know you've guessed it by now? YES!

IS IT A BOY OR A GIRL? Just GREAT. I think my blog folder on feminist parenting will probably explode over the next few months.

Right now I'm raising money for my next project, on the sexual abuse of maids in Paraguay. Talking to victims of sexual abuse will be a huge challenge, for which I'm prepping right now. I'm going to share stories as I go along.

On a lighter note, I've taken up dancing again. Salsa, Bachata, and an African tango called Kizomba. Hmmm. Lots of things happening there for a feminist to get worked up about... but mostly just a great hobby to have, which makes me a happy bunny!

That's it for now, folks! I'll see you here for a new post every Monday. Stay tuned for my next post on reactions to my armpit hair in dance class.

2 comments:

  1. ok, I can't help myself. I have to post a comment even though I know, that my try to imitate your great sounding english is poor. But I do my very best. As I am not like most poeple I do not ask questions most People ask... my first thought was not which sex your Little Baby has...due to the fact that you not only post feminism stuff but also bed-time-storry stuff like orgasms of women my first thought was: was your husband able to have sex with you during your pregnancy. I learned to know, that there are some men who have Trouble with that. Only second thought was if you did want to have sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, thanks for your comment TANJA:-p
      I hate to break it to you, but my husband and I strictly have sex for procreational purposes ONLY - so obviously there was no reason for us to have sex anymore once I was pregnant. Hope that answers your question. Ok jokes aside, I'd like to be very careful to protect our intimacy, so I'm not going to be able to answer this question I'm afraid. This is also why my posts on orgasm, anal sex and masturbation are kept quite general and shouldn't be read as a diary of my sex life. I'll keep your question in mind for a potential future post though, as I'm planning to publish quite a lot on feminism and pregnancy/having children.

      Delete